Porcelain Veneers at Dove Holistic Dental Centre
Dental veneers have long been used to create the ultimate smile makeover.
What exactly are Porcelain Veneers?
They are wafer-thin laminates of tooth-coloured porcelain that are bonded to the front surface of the teeth. This will greatly improve their cosmetic appearance. Porcelain Veneers are a quick, painless, straightforward procedure.
Veneers make teeth look natural and healthy, and because they are very thin and are held in place by a special strong bond (rather like super-glue) very little preparation of the tooth is needed.
Porcelain veneers can improve the colour, shape and position of teeth.
A precise shade of porcelain can be chosen to give the right colour
to improve a single discoloured or stained tooth or to lighten front teeth (usually the upper ones).
Veneers can also be used to close small gaps, when orthodontics (braces) are not suitable.
Are Porcelain Veneers for you?
Veneers are so versatile. Here are just a few reasons why so many people come to us, and why they recommend them (and us!) time and time again:
- Damaged and chipped teeth - chipped or damaged teeth from trauma or tooth decay can be easily made perfect with porcelain veneers.
- Worn Teeth - People who grind or clench their teeth or have an uneven bite tend to wear their teeth down. Porcelain veneers are a brilliant option to restore the teeth to make them look natural again.
- Discoloured teeth - If your teeth are badly discoloured then porcelain veneers may be a better option than teeth whitening. Sometimes teeth whitening does not work because the stains are ingrained into the enamel. Porcelain veneers can give you a bright and beautiful smile.
- Crooked teeth - Veneers can hide crooked teeth. Orthodontics or braces is another way to straighten crooked teeth. If you do not want to wear a brace for some time (6-18 months normally) then veneers could be the right option for you.
- Gaps - A very common problem that porcelain veneers can correct. Gappy teeth can really make people hate their smile. People do not even want to smile sometimes as they are too embarrassed! With Veneers we can evenly close gaps and give you a symmetrical smile.